Sorry, no results.
Please try another keyword
- Known for her elaborate paintings composed of rhinestones, acrylic, and enamel, Mickalene Thomas draws on art history and popular culture to create a contemporary vision of female sexuality, beauty, and power.
- Monica Khemsurov and Jill Singer are the co-founders of Sight Unseen, an online magazine where designers and tastemakers go to find what’s new and next in design and the visual arts. They join to share insights and secrets unveiled in their new book, “How to Live With Objects: A Guide to More Meaningful Interiors.”
- Hailed the “Father of Modern Branding,” David Aaker has received numerous awards for his contributions to the science of marketing and authored some of the most influential books in business. He joins to talk about his new book, “The Future of Purpose-Driven Branding,” and his legendary career.
- Debbie talks to Mauro Porcini, Chief Design Officer at Pepsico, about his childhood and his corporate work.
- Michael Kimmelman has been the architecture critic of The New York Times since 2011, writing about cities, public space, infrastructure, community development, public housing, equity, and the environment. He joins to talk about his extraordinary career in journalism and his new book, “The Intimate City: Walking New York.”
- Best-selling author, scientist, and trailblazer in autism research, Dr. Temple Grandin’s new book “Visual Thinking” draws on cutting-edge research and her own lived experience to reframe the conversation on neurodiversity and different types of thinkers.
- Steven Heller talks to Debbie Millman about blogging from the bathroom, working with Patti Smith and Paul Rand's tombstone.
- Author of the Sunday Times bestselling Queenie—Candice Carty-Williams joins a very special guest host, Roxane Gay, to talk about her latest novel People Person which follows the Pennington family, a cadre of five half-siblings forced together in the wake of a dramatic event.
- Best known for her controversial novels featuring extreme situations and characters, A.M. Homes discusses her most recent book, The Unfolding, and her remarkable career authoring thirteen extraordinarily original books.
- Reflecting on his remarkable life and career, Nick Offerman shares his insights on acting, marriage and the current state of the world.
- In the final episode of this season, we are looking back and sharing what we learned along the journey. Going from struggling beginners to relative success has been a rollercoaster of trials and lessons learned. We are discussing all of it today so without further ado, let's get into the show!
- Are creatives the new superheroes? Today we are discussing how there hasn't been a better time to be a creative. We discuss all the options and opportunities for modern-day creators... So without further ado, let's get into the show!
- In today's episode, we welcome Lisa Congdon. Lisa is an internationally known fine artist, illustrator, and writer. She has built a brand around her name and in this episode she shares her journey to sucess... So without further ado, let's get into the show!
- Artificial intelligence, competition, platforms that provide access to very cheap design labor... What does the future hold for design? Is our industry under threat? These days it can be easy to feel paranoid and uncertain so we'll dig deep into these fears and discuss the future of our industry... So without further ado... let's get[...]
- In this week's episode, we welcome Jessica Hische. She is a hand-letterer, author, illustrator, entrepreneur, and type designer. She has built a powerful brand around her name and is the queen of side projects. This episode is honest, inspiring and shines a light on what is possible for ambitious creatives everywhere. So without further ado...[...]
- In this episode, we talk about how to find the right creative path to ensure career success and personal fulfillment. How do you choose the right path? How do you focus? What steps can you take to explore the right thing and ignore the wrong ones? We explore all of this and more so without[...]
- In today's episode, we have a very special guest: Austin Kleon. Austin is a New York Times bestselling author of five books including the highly influential "Steal Like an Artist". We discuss how to discover a state of creative play, why monetizing your passion can be catastrophic and the best ways to parent creative kids.[...]
- In today's episode, we talk about empathy and how becoming more empathetic towards your customers, clients and co-workers can profoundly help your creative business. We'll discuss how to not only react to but anticipate the needs of your customers... So without further ado, let's get into the show!
- In this week's episode, we welcome a very special guest: Danielle Coke. She is a very talented illustrator, speaker, and entrepreneur. Her work around social justice has captured the hearts and minds of millions, providing much-needed clarity, empathy, and vocalization throughout recent times of worldwide racial injustice. We discuss the weight and responsibility of being[...]
- In this week's episode, we have our most honest, raw, and emotionally heavy episode to date. We reflect on the past year and how it has impacted each of us as people and creatives... Mental health struggles, lack of motivation, stress, and more... So without further ado, let's get into the show!